Soldering is one of the skills that is good to learn in an early stage of your RC hobby career. Good soldering skills are needed for example when you’re changing connectors to a battery or when changing the motor. It’s good to start practising soldering as soon as possible so you’ll get the hang of it.
The basic idea of soldering is to solder together two pieces of metal using a filler metal. Both surfaces have to be higher in temperature than the melting point of the filler metal in order for the soldering to be successful. The temperature of the surfaces can be increased using the soldering iron (electric or gas). The surfaces are heated by pressing the hot tip of the iron on them. When the surfaces are hotter than the melting point of the filler metal, the filler metal will melt between the surfaces and create a connection.
Note: Good connections are extremely important for the flow of electricity. Badly soldered connections can result in loss of power and radio/functional disturbances.
Note: Wires and connectors heat up during soldering, so it is good to have a pair of protective gloves handy.
Following the steps below will help you to develop a soldering routine
1. Heat up the soldering iron (depending on the iron this will take 5-15 min). The iron must be the right temperature before starting the process
2. Moisten the sponge. If you don’t have a sponge, a moist paper towel will also do the job just as well.
3. Prepare the surfaces to be soldered
-Peel 3-5mm of insulator off the wires
-Cut the needed length of heat-shrink tubing to protect the connections if necessary
- Check the markings of the connectors ( + and – or ABC) before soldering
Pro Tip: if you are soldering a plastic connector, it is good to put the opposite connector in place in order to avoid bends when the wires warm up.
4. Melt a bit of filler metal on the tip of the soldering iron and press the tip on the wire where the insulator is peeled off long enough for the filler metal to melt on it. Make sure there is metal filler around the wire
– you can recognize a well melted filler metal when you can see the individual wires underneath it.
5. Next, melt a bit of filler metal on the surface (e.g. connector) that needs to be connected.
- First, clean the tip of the soldering iron on the sponge or paper towel.
- Melt a piece of filler metal on the tip of the soldering iron and press the iron on the surface so that the melted metal will remain between the iron and the surface.
- When the melted filler metal “flows” onto the surface, you can add a little more of it.
6. Clean the tip of the iron on the sponge.
- At this point you can slip some heat-shrink tubing on the wire if necessary
7. Place the objects to be soldered on top of each other (or facing each other, or whichever way they are meant to be soldered) and press the connected surfaces lightly together. Melt a bit of filler metal on the tip of the iron, and use the iron on the connection or on the side of it so that a drop of melted filler metal will remain between the iron and the surface.
8. You’ll see when the filler metal melts on the wire and the surface. Wait until the metal is completely melted and you’ll notice it gets easier to press the wire against the surface. The wire is close enough when it touches the connected surface. You can now put away the iron and wait until the filler metal has completely solidified.
When the connection has cooled down, you can slip on the heat-shrink tubing and shrink it.
A well-made soldered connection is smooth.
Before you place the battery in a device, double-check that the connection is done correctly. Plus to plus, minus to minus, et cetera.
All products listed as “in stock” are in our warehouse and ready to be shipped within the next day. Exceptions to this are pre-orders and possible, but unlikely, errors in stock numbers. All products include the Finnish VAT (24 %). Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
We are answering emails everyday from the morning to the late evening, no matter if its Sunday or Christmas eve. We work in the EET time zone which is +2h from GMT. During the day our customer service is usually really fast and in the evening we are little slower due we have less people to answer questions. Easier things are usually handled within the hour and shipping related things we try to handle during the day so they can be shipped out the same day. Our goal is to answer all emails within 24h no matter how difficult the question is. The fastest way to get customer service is always to send us a email. Please include relevant pictures and a structured email with proper sentences so we can answer you faster. Take your time and read trough your email once before you send it to us.
We ship globally for example to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania,Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom, Norway, Turkey, Switzerland). And many other countries, just go to the checkout and see if you can checkout. If not just let us know and we will quote you a price as we are able to ship to any country in the world.
We accept Paypal, credit card payments, BitCoin and IBAN/BIC (SEPA) bank transfers.
All payments are made in Euros. You can however browse the shop in other currency but the price then is not final. You will see the final Euro price in your shopping basket when paying for the product. The price is shown in “5. Send Order” part of the checkout form.
Our shop automaticaly includes or excludes VAT 24% from the prices by the destination country. You can change the destination from top of the homepage and Checkout pages before you order.
An international GLS parcel is delivered to neighbouring states of Finland like Sweden or the Baltic countries in a standard delivery time of 24 to 72 hours. To more distant European countries the international parcel dispatch takes between three and six working days, to remote areas up to eight days. Rough estimate is 1 week from order to delivery.
Note! Here you can find estimated delivery times.
Note! Here you can find collected statistics about average delivery times.
• DHL Express and UPS Express are our fastest delivery options. Both options can reach almost anyplace in EU in 1 day, but some places take 2 days.
• Depending what kind of products you want to order the shop will let you choose from available shipping options.
• Both Options are also Door To Door Services. The Courier will deliver the parcel to your door. But they also have pickup points where they might drop your package off so you can pick it up when it suits you.
When you are checking out your order you can see a more precise estimate of each shipping option to your country.
We accept returns of new, unused merchandise within 14 days from the delivery. Please contact us at [email protected] to receive return information. The customer is responsible for any return costs unless otherwise agreed to with our customer service. We try to return the money with the same payment method that was used to pay for the order, if its not possible we make a wiretransfer. You can also request a gift card if you are making a new order to speed up the process.
We also accept returns after 14 days upto 50days, but we refund them with a giftcard to our shop so you can replace them with any products we sell. Please contact our customer service for details.
After we receive the merchandise and verify its re-sellable condition, we will refund the money or give you a giftcard. Depending on the item this will take 1-3 days after we have received the item. If there is a delay we will contact you.
Note! Every return made without notice via email will be charged with handling fee of 20€. Handling fee will be reduced from the total refund.
In the rare occurrence that the shipment has been damaged, please take pictures and send those to our customer service [email protected] immediately and we will make sure we get you sorted and back to enjoying our hobby. Also notify the courier bringing you the shipment that it has been damaged.
If you feel that your product is defective please send us a email and we will let you know what to do next. Most items do not have a warranty as they will break in normal usage. For example if you hit something solid or take a larger tumble. Properly used items should easily last 3-12 months and during this period we are able to replace broken items if they have a manufacturing or material fault. We have years of experience with different makes and they all have different warranty policies. We have chosen to work with brands that have a good understanding how to serve their customers and you can be assured that you will get the best customer experience possible with us.
We do not replace or exchange products that are not defective or broken by improper use or have not been maintained. But we do help and teach you how to do things properly so you do not break anything in the future, just email us and we will help you out. We are however unable to wrench for you, its part of the hobby so its important that you will learn that part also your self, we have great tools to sell you so just ask us what you need.
Don’t worry you are safe with us! Most of our customers feel that they get excellent service in the rare occurrence that they encounter a problem with the product they have bought.
And remember if you run in to a problem or you feel that there is a problem with arrived products do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and we do our best to sort it out as soon as possible.
We ship a lot of orders each day and rarely there are errors. We do however try to minimize the effect on the customer. Please contact us immediately if we have made an error and we will make it right.
Always contact us before returning any product, we can not take responsibility for shipments that are sent without prior notice. Its very important that we can tell you how to mark the parcel so it will be processed in a timely fashion.