Remember to use Lipo Bag when charging and storing your Lipo batteries!
Whats up It's Heikki here! What happened outside? Just few weeks ago I was freezing in -25C and now I can wear only T-shirt when I come to work! I also had a super fun time last weekend breaking my Team Corally Shogun.
It's amazing what kind of bombing these modern day RC's can take. Of course it broke (you would too if you hit the trees with high speed) but thanks to good engineering, we got it back to running with just putting the pieces back together. I used to think that I am reasonable guy but now I am a basher for life! Evolution goes to many directions I guess.! Check out the best moments of our Bashing Session from this video in our YouTube Channel.
Are you prepared?
You should have a field kit for sure! Many racers know these things by experience and have everything ready. They also usually bring a car or even a trailer where to pack all the required gear for successful race day. Experience has taught them well and when racing, you do not really have a time for a Walk of Shame.
What we are talking in this weeks issue is a bit smaller in scale - what should every RC hobbyist have in their backpack when there is a long waited driving day. Our professional RC Team has collected some of the essentials below. Are you prepared like you should be?
Required for your RC
- Fully charged batteries in storage bag or container. This is a true classic. Also, don't forget the transmitter batteries. Always have set of AA-batteries in your kit even if you use LiPOs in your radios. Trust me. There is always that guy. Beeb beeb BEEB!
- Tool set. Get yourself another tool set and keep it in your Field Kit. This is something I've heard many time.. "does anyone have 2mm allen in hand?!" This Traxxas Tool Kit is very good option for all types of RC cars and will fit in your backpack. Leatherman is a good plier but thats pretty much it is good for. Use RC specific tools only for your RC and browse our selection here!
- Spareparts. This depends a lot of what type of RC you drive. And how. Most common part to fail is the plastic spur gear. Bashers should have extra dogbone driveshafts in hand. Front arms are often first to go but if you hit something when doing wheelie, it's the rear arms that take the hit! Extra set of tires are a big carry but maybe they fit in your car. Atleast you dont have to drive back home.
- Hardware. Plastic shims are pain to find from the mud. Just add fresh ones! Missing nut from the wheels is another classic. Get nuts. Sometimes you can fix your broken car with longer screws if the original thread is ripped off. Keep a good set of M3 and M4 sized screws always in your bag. Our selection of quality screws and storage boxes for many uses here!
- McGyver-section: zip ties, duct tape, electrical tape, super glue.. These help you fix more than just your RC! Check out Team Corally Zip Ties - available in all the colors of the rainbow! This magical wheel balancing putty from Hudy belongs also in to this section.
For Yourself and Your Friends
- Water. Stay hydrated, homie! Soda is good but water is better.
- Sugar. I eat it raw, some add chocolate!
- Something else to eat too. Remember this even if you just had breakfast and are heading for the track. This is not a Hunger Games and nobody likes to see you angry.
- Good shoes. When I see people deep in the forest with flipflops I just dont know even-
- Socks. Yes, Spare set of socks will make your day better. Try it out!
- First aid kit. There are some very compact sets available and jokes aside, this often overlooked little thing can be a real life saver. Other medicines? Antihistamine and painkillers.
- Shades and a cap. Sun gives life but can also be annoying! Only one type of caps are allowed and they are Halko Caps, check them out! Finish your awesome but cool look with these Bittydesign Claymore Sunglasses.
- Sun block. Being a redneck is sometimes fun and giggles but please add some. Don't get roasted!
- Foldabe chair. Remember that this is just for you and not for your friends!
Thats about it! This letter was inspired by many walks back to home go get something that I was sure that I had with me. Actually I should take some hints from this letter and prep up my own field kit. Next week we focus again to my buggy building project! It's almost ready!
See you again next week, and greetings from Finland!
Heikki / EuroRC
ps. Remember that mysterious vintage beetle from last week? It apperas that it is a super rare Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Beetle (not the Baja Bug) from year 1982 and we are more than happy to have it in our collections! Interesting feature is that this car has a centrifugal clutch. One day we will open a RC museum and this will be one of the stars!
All products listed as “in stock” are in our warehouse and ready to be shipped within the next day. Exceptions to this are pre-orders and possible, but unlikely, errors in stock numbers. All products include the VAT according to the destination country. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
We are answering emails everyday from the morning to the late evening, no matter if its Sunday or Christmas eve. We work in the EET time zone which is +2h from GMT. During the day our customer service is usually really fast and in the evening we are little slower due we have less people to answer questions. Easier things are usually handled within the hour and shipping related things we try to handle during the day so they can be shipped out the same day. Our goal is to answer all emails within 24h no matter how difficult the question is. The fastest way to get customer service is always to send us a email. Please include relevant pictures and a structured email with proper sentences so we can answer you faster. Take your time and read trough your email once before you send it to us.
We ship globally for example to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania,Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom, Norway, Turkey, Switzerland). And many other countries, just go to the checkout and see if you can checkout. If not just let us know and we will quote you a price as we are able to ship to any country in the world.
We accept Paypal, credit card payments and IBAN/BIC (SEPA) bank transfers.
Our credit card and web bank services are delivered by Finnish Paytrail Oyj.
Paytrail Oyj, Business-id: 2122839-7
All payments are made in Euros. You can however browse the shop in other currency but the price then is not final. You will see the final Euro price in your shopping basket when paying for the product. The price is shown in “5. Send Order” part of the checkout form.
Our shop automaticaly includes or excludes VAT percentage from the prices by the destination country. You can change the destination country from the checkout pages before you order. All our customers will pay the same price no matter the included VAT percentage. Companies who are buying with VAT numbers can buy products with exluded VAT according to destination country.
You can browse all our shipping options with out registering. Just add the products you are interested in and proceed to checkout page where you can see all the shipping options and estimated delivery times.
Basic tracked shipping starts from 4,90€ (GLS road freight) in European Union countries.
An international GLS parcel is delivered to neighbouring states of Finland like Sweden or the Baltic countries in a standard delivery time of 24 to 72 hours. To more distant European countries the international parcel dispatch takes between three and six working days, to remote areas up to eight days. Rough estimate is 1 week from order to delivery.
Please note that GLS shipping time is calculated in working days (Monday to Friday) and excluding the day when parcel is shipped.
Note! Here you can find estimated delivery times.
Note! Here you can find collected statistics about average delivery times.
• DHL Express and UPS Express are our fastest delivery options. Both options can reach almost anyplace in EU in 1 day, but some places take 2 days.
• Depending what kind of products you want to order the shop will let you choose from available shipping options.
• Both Options are also Door To Door Services. The Courier will deliver the parcel to your door. But they also have pickup points where they might drop your package off so you can pick it up when it suits you.
When you are checking out your order you can see a more precise estimate of each shipping option to your country.
We accept returns of new, unused merchandise within 14 days from the delivery. Please contact us at [email protected] to receive return information. The customer is responsible for any return costs unless otherwise agreed to with our customer service. We try to return the money with the same payment method that was used to pay for the order, if its not possible we make a wiretransfer. You can also request a gift card if you are making a new order to speed up the process.
We also accept returns after 14 days upto 50days, but we refund them with a giftcard to our shop so you can replace them with any products we sell. Please contact our customer service for details.
After we receive the merchandise and verify its re-sellable condition, we will refund the money or give you a giftcard. Depending on the item this will take 1-3 days after we have received the item. If there is a delay we will contact you.
Please note that all parcels that are returned to us because customer has not picked it up / accepted it or paid customs fees of it will processed. Handling and shipping costs will be reduced from the refunds.
Note! Every return made without notice via email will be charged with handling fee of 20€. Handling fee will be reduced from the total refund.
In the rare occurrence that the shipment has been damaged, please take pictures and send those to our customer service [email protected] immediately and we will make sure we get you sorted and back to enjoying our hobby. Also notify the courier bringing you the shipment that it has been damaged.
If you feel that your product is defective please send us a email and we will let you know what to do next. Most items do not have a warranty as they will break in normal usage. For example if you hit something solid or take a larger tumble. Properly used items should easily last 3-12 months and during this period we are able to replace broken items if they have a manufacturing or material fault. We have years of experience with different makes and they all have different warranty policies. We have chosen to work with brands that have a good understanding how to serve their customers and you can be assured that you will get the best customer experience possible with us.
We do not replace or exchange products that are not defective or broken by improper use or have not been maintained. But we do help and teach you how to do things properly so you do not break anything in the future, just email us and we will help you out. We are however unable to wrench for you, its part of the hobby so its important that you will learn that part also your self, we have great tools to sell you so just ask us what you need.
Note! Many manufacturers are strickt that electronics are not allowed to be modified (connectors changed etc.) without disabling the warranty. Remember to check this from your products manual.
Don’t worry you are safe with us! Most of our customers feel that they get excellent service in the rare occurrence that they encounter a problem with the product they have bought.
And remember if you run in to a problem or you feel that there is a problem with arrived products do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and we do our best to sort it out as soon as possible.
We ship a lot of orders each day and rarely there are errors. We do however try to minimize the effect on the customer. Please contact us immediately if we have made an error and we will make it right.
Always contact us before returning any product, we can not take responsibility for shipments that are sent without prior notice. Its very important that we can tell you how to mark the parcel so it will be processed in a timely fashion.